Alvernia University offers a limited number of international scholarships to qualified undergraduate degree-seeking students. Interested students must complete a separate Alvernia international students scholarships application in addition to an application for admission.
All undergraduate students who wish to study at Alvernia University must complete an online Alvernia admission application, which can be done by Clicking Here.
After being admitted to the university, undergraduate international students may apply for this scholarship opportunity, which consists of several levels of support ranging from $10,000 to $24,000 per year as a merit award. These scholarships are offered to both freshman international students and those transferring from another college or university located outside the United States.
Alvernia University offers scholarships to each admitted international freshman and transfer student wishing to earn an undergraduate degree as a traditional day student at our main Reading campus.
These merit scholarships are renewable for four years (up to eight semesters), all in the same amount. Scholarships cannot be combined with any other award, including a government scholarship, therefore an applicant cannot apply for an Alvernia International Scholarship if they are already receiving another financial award.
- Be a full time, degree-seeking undergraduate student attending mostly daytime classes.
- Have earned a minimum 3.0 overall cumulative GPA by the May 1 scholarship application deadline.
- Meet English proficiency and financial specifications.
Completing the Application;
Unofficial Grade Report. The student must submit all grades from all previous schools attended. The applicant must submit all their grades to be evaluated. For international transcript must be evaluated in USA system evaluation via NACES member institutions (https://www.naces.org/members)
Alvernia University offers merit-based scholarships for academic excellence among new first‐year and transfer students based on their CGPA:
- Presidential Scholarship provides a $24,000 scholarship per year awarded to the top tier of international applications, most academically talented students who performed outstanding academic performance and standardized test scores each year.
- Trustees Scholarship provides a $ 23,000 scholarship per year for qualified recipients, creatively adventurous students, with experiences, or achievements.
- Veronica Scholarship provides a $ 22,000 scholarship per year to qualified international students who exhibit leadership potential and a desire to serve as a cultural ambassador in the United State.
- Achievement Scholarship provides a $20,000scholarship per year for students who maintain a full-time undergraduate status and meet satisfactory academic progress guidelines depend on GPA calculation.
- Heritage Scholarship provides a $18,000 scholarship per year for full-time day students pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree who maintain satisfactory academic requirements.
- Catholic School Scholarship awards $1,000 to first-time, full-time freshmen graduating from a Catholic high school. It can be combined with other awards as well as incorporated into financial aid packages and will be automatically applied to eligible students’ applications.
If you are a transfer student, please review our transfer student scholarship opportunities.
- Provost Scholarship This $21,000 scholarship is given to students who have earned a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher from all previous institutions and/or is a member of Phi Theta Kappa.
- Bernardine Scholarship This $19,000 scholarship is given to students who have earned a cumulative GPA between 3.25 and 3.49 from all previous institutions.
- Dean Scholarship This $17,000 scholarship is given to students who have earned a cumulative GPA between 3.0 and 3.24 from all previous institutions.
- Transfer Scholarship This $15,000 scholarship is given to students who have earned a cumulative GPA between 2.5 and 2.99 from all previous institutions.
To continue your scholarship during your studies, you must enroll each semester as a full-time student, which is minimum of 12 credits, and maintain a minimum grade point average of 2.5 or higher.
Outside Scholarship Opportunities;
Alvernia University does not have full tuition scholarship opportunities for international students. While students cannot combine other scholarships to Alvernia awards, international students are highly encouraged to apply for outside scholarship options. Here are some suggested sites:
For more information visit Alvernia International Students Scholarships Portal
International students with questions should contact Alvernia’s International Admissions Office by email at [email protected] or call Director of International Recruitment Sibel Ahi directly at 610-568-1473.
- WMG Excellence Scholarships – Study in UK
- Scholarships in UK For International Students
- British Council Scholarships For Women in STEM 2022
- Millennium Scholarships For International Students 2022
- British Council GREAT Scholarships 2022/2023
- Holland Scholarships 2022/2023 – Fully Funded
- King Abdulaziz University Scholarships – Fully Funded
- MTN Nigeria Graduate Internship Program For Nigerian Youths
- Nigeria LNG Scholarships 2022-2023 – Apply Now
- Taiwan Africa Elite Scholarship Programme 2022
- Federal Government Scholarship Award 2021/2022
- Harvard University MBA Scholarship – Fully Funded
- University of Birmingham Global Masters Scholarships
- Clark University Scholarships for International Students